South Africa - Emergency Medicine
I have started keeping a diary of some of my experiences working as a junior doctor in Cape Town for 2 months. Here is the start, I intend to try keeping it updated but this may not be that often. It is for my own benefit as a clinical reminder of interesting things I have seen and learned, and hopefully of interest to a wider audience of friends both medics and non medics.
The first few days are summarised here - a piece written for the Bangor Emergency Medicine page (my home hospital).
https://www.mountainmedicineyg.co.uk/post/khayelitsha-diary-two-months-working-in-a-cape-town-hospital
The first few days are summarised here - a piece written for the Bangor Emergency Medicine page (my home hospital).
https://www.mountainmedicineyg.co.uk/post/khayelitsha-diary-two-months-working-in-a-cape-town-hospital
Hi,Jamie, Anne here... Michelle's Mum! Can't open the link re SA but I'm sure that Wayne would love to hear all about your adventures as a medic in the township! Thanks for the link to your blog, it's interesting, and inspirational stuff :). The membership in our heart support group continues to grow, and I'll forward the link onto them. Hope all is going well for you, guess you're still keeping pretty busy! Perhaps we can reunite the 'What becomes of the broken hearted' Sandman team for a beer or two?? All the best, Anne and Wayne.
ReplyDelete