What is it all about?

Looking at all this stuff I am not sure why I am writing it.  I think it is an example of how a certain diagnosis and medical advice need not be a drain on your life.

I have plenty of friends who have suffered far worse problems than me: life-threatening traumas, cancers, psychiatric illness. What unites them all, and I hope I include myself in this to some extent, is to refuse to allow a "condition" or problem be an excuse for holding yourself back.

The people I most admire are those who get the most from life despite their set backs, not because they don't have any. Hopefully this blog is an illustration of a life well enjoyed, not sat worrying about a day that may never come.

Any time I felt a little down after my operation, about how tired I felt or how frustrated I was at being unable to walk up stairs without getting short of breath, I remember a comment recently from a friend who is recovering from a near-fatal avalanche accident.  I asked how he was getting on, he said "yeah doing ok. Just trying to learn how to walk again."

Perspective is a great thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety and Fractures

Introduction

Arriving for surgery